Ok so 3.1 is a new major release from Blizzard. And the changes include some about swimming mounts, and dual specs. I am going to be a balance/healing druid. WHAT A SURPRISE!
Here are my specs:
They have a few talents that are the same, but I go way down into the tree to get what I want out of it. These talents also have the glyphs that I intend to use with the specific specs.
Ok so here are the changes to druids (or at least the ones I care about).
- Abolish Poison: Now ticks every 3 seconds, up from every 2. Now lasts 12 seconds, up from 8.
- Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral): Now decreases armor of your target by 5%. Has a 5-minute duration, and a 40-second PvP duration.
- Feral Faerie Fire: The damage generated by this ability in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form has been increased substantially.
- Innervate: This spell no longer costs mana.
- Lifebloom: Mana cost of all ranks doubled.When Lifebloom blooms or is dispelled, it now refunds half the base mana cost of the spell per application of Lifebloom, and the heal effect is multiplied by the number of applications.
- Starfall: Cooldown reduced to 90 seconds.
- Celestial Focus redesigned: Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Starfire, Hibernate and Hurricane by 23/46/70% and increases your total spell haste by 1/2/3%.
- Eclipse: The benefit to Wrath triggered by casting Starfire has been increased to 30% bonus damage.
- Insect Swarm: The bonus damage from spellpower on this damage-over-time ability has been increased significantly to match similar spells on other classes.
- Mark of the Wild and Gift of the Wild can now be cast while in Moonkin form.
- Nature's Grace redesigned: All spell critical strikes have a 33/66/100% chance to grace you with a Blessing of Nature, increasing your spell casting speed by 20% for 3 seconds.
- Owlkin Frenzy is now properly considered an Enrage effect. Now also does not trigger from spell hits, only physical ranged and melee attacks.
- Living Seed: This talent now accounts for total healing including overhealing.
- Improved Mark of the Wild:Now also increases all of your total attributes by 1/2%.
- Intensity: Now grants 17/33/50% of mana regeneration while casting.
- New Talent: Improved Barkskin: Increases the damage reduction granted by your Barkskin spell by 5/10%, and increases your resistance to Dispel mechanics by an additional 30/60% while under the effect of Barkskin.
- Improved Regrowth: This talent is renamed Nature's Bounty. Increases the critical effect chance of your Regrowth and Nourish spells by 5/10/15/20/25%.
- Replenish: This talent is now re-named Revitalize and also works with Wild Growth.
- Tree of Life: Now receives 240% increased armor. You can now use Nature's Grasp and Thorns while within this form. In addition, the discount on heal-over-time spells from this talent is now active at all times, whether or not the druid is in Tree of Life form. Mana cost reduced to match the cost of Travel Form.
So it looks like Insect Swarm may be part of the rotation again and FAERIE FIRE is a 5 minute spell! YAY! If you can not tell, that makes me very excited.
Now one thing that I am not the excited about is the change to Nature's Grace in the Balance tree. I have not decided if I like it at all. We shall have to see how it goes.
As my guild goes through Ulduar I will be posting some strategies that work for us, as well as things to avoid. So have fun with the patch and dual specs!Lets Raid and gave a delicious day!